Re: create function (plpgsql): permission denied

От John Gunther
Тема Re: create function (plpgsql): permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
grantusage on language 'plpgsql' to my user, I get this
error:

ERROR:  language "plpgsql" is not trusted, if I must trust my language, I won't need the grant usage of
language to my user, will I?</pre></blockquote> Yes, I miswrote that sentence. The language must be trusted for any
non-superuserto ever use it. Just because the language is trusted, though, should not automatically allow users access
toit without a GRANT. The fact that they do not need GRANTing, though, is either a bug or a documentation error.<br
/><blockquotecite="mid1049726289.1132.38.camel@vitoria.intra.cet.pt" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

So

BTW, if my user is already the owner of schema, is really need the grant
all on schema to my user?</pre></blockquote> You're correct. I was allowing for <desireduser> to not be the
schemaowner<br /><blockquote cite="mid1049726289.1132.38.camel@vitoria.intra.cet.pt" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 13:53, John Gunther wrote: </pre></blockquote><blockquote
cite="mid1049726289.1132.38.camel@vitoria.intra.cet.pt"type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><pre wrap=""> From psql
<databasename>-U<databaseowner>, issue:   GRANT USAGE ON LANGUAGE plpgsql to <desireduser>;
You may also need (to allow creation of the function)   GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA <schemaname> TO <desireduser>;

</pre></blockquote>