Обсуждение: create function (plgsql): permission denied

create function (plgsql): permission denied

От
Pedro Salazar
Дата:
Greetings,

I have a user, owner a schema, but I just can't create any function
plgsql through that user. I got the error message: "plpgsql: permission
denied".

I don't know how can I grant permission to create functions for that
user (preferable way) or trust plpgsql language as a trusted language
(alternative way).

These are my definitions languages:

select * from pg_language ;
lanname | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lanvalidator | lanacl
----------+---------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------
 plpgsql  | t       | f            |         20893 |            0 |
 sql      | f       | t            |             0 |         2248 | {=U}
 internal | f       | f            |             0 |         2246 | {=}
 c        | f       | f            |             0 |         2247 | {=}

In addition, could anyone explain me these table attributes?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS
pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt

Re: create function (plpgsql): permission denied

От
Pedro Salazar
Дата:
Greetings,

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:39, Pedro Salazar wrote:
> select * from pg_language ;
> lanname | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lanvalidator | lanacl
> ----------+---------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------
>  plpgsql  | t       | f            |         20893 |            0 |

I updated the 'lanpltrusted' attribute to true, and now I can create
functions.

But, is it possible that only a group or a specified list of users have
permission to create plpgsql functions instead trust the language for
all users?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS
pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt
PGP:0E129E31D803BC61

Re: create function (plpgsql): permission denied

От
John Gunther
Дата:
 From psql <databasename> -U<databaseowner>, issue:
    GRANT USAGE ON LANGUAGE plpgsql to <desireduser>;
You may also need (to allow creation of the function)
    GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA <schemaname> TO <desireduser>;

This will grant <desireduser> the usage of plpgsql even if it is untrusted.

For attribute explanations, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=catalog-pg-language.htm

John Gunther
Bucks vs Bytes Inc

Pedro Salazar wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:39, Pedro Salazar wrote:
>

>>select * from pg_language ;
>>lanname | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lanvalidator | lanacl
>>----------+---------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------
>> plpgsql  | t       | f            |         20893 |            0 |
>>

>I updated the 'lanpltrusted' attribute to true, and now I can create
>functions.
>
>But, is it possible that only a group or a specified list of users have
>permission to create plpgsql functions instead trust the language for
>all users?
>
>thanks,
>Pedro Salazar.

Re: create function (plpgsql): permission denied

Дата:
John Gunther <inbox@bucksvsbytes.com> writes:
> This will grant <desireduser> the usage of plpgsql even if it is untrusted.

No.  Untrusted languages can be used only by superusers, period.  USAGE
is for controlling non-superusers' access to trusted languages.

            regards, tom lane