Re: [HACKERS] OSS database needed for testing

От mlw
Тема Re: [HACKERS] OSS database needed for testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 13:26:01 -0500,
>  pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
>

>>I don't know that it meets your criteria, but.....
>>
>>I have a set of scripts and a program that will load the US Census TigerUA
>>database into PostgreSQL. The thing is absolutely freak'n huge. I forget
>>which, but it is either 30g or 60g of data excluding indexes.
>>

>Are the data model or the loading scripts available publicly?
>I have the tiger data and a program that uses it to convert addresses
>to latitude and longitude, but I don't really like the program and
>was thinking about trying to load the data into a database and do
>queries against the database to find location.

I have a set of scripts, SQL table defs, a small C program, along with a
set of field with files that loads it into PGSQL using the "copy from
stdin" It works fairly well, but takes a good long time to load it all.

Should I put it in the download section of my website?

От: Will LaShell
Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] OSS database needed for testing