OSS database needed for testing

От Josh Berkus
Тема OSS database needed for testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Folks,

Please pardon the cross-posting.

A small group of us on the Performance list were discussing the first steps
toward constructing a comprehensive Postgresql installation benchmarking
tool, mostly to compare different operating systems and file systemsm but
later to be used as a foundation for a tuning wizard.

To do this, we need one or more real (not randomly generated*) medium-large
database which is or can be BSD-licensed (data AND schema).   This database
must have:

1) At least one "main" table with 12+ columns and 100,000+ rows (each).
2) At least 10-12 additional tables of assorted sizes, at least half of which
should have Foriegn Key relationships to the main table(s) or each other.
3) At least one large text or varchar field among the various tables.

In addition, the following items would be helpful, but are not required:
4) Views, triggers, and functions built on the database
5) A query log of database activity to give us sample queries to work with.
6) Some complex data types, such as geometric, network, and/or custom data
types.

Thanks for any leads you can give me!

(* To forestall knee-jerk responses:  Randomly generated data does not look or
perform the same as real data in my professional opinion, and I'm the one
writing the test scripts.)

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3