Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joe Conway wrote:
> Jessica Blank wrote:
>
>> I suppose I should rephrase.
> [...snip...]
>> So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't care so much about CPU
>> time, or I/O time, but *TOTAL* time. How long it takes from the
>> instant the query hits Postgres to the instant I get my results back...
>

> That's pretty much exactly what EXPLAIN ANALYZE does for you. And along
> with it, you get other useful information to help you improve the query.

Red Hat recently released their "Visual Explain 1.1" tool as well, and that looks like it could be very useful for what

Jessica's after too:

http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/tools.html

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Joe

- Indira Gandhi

Сообщение: Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)
Сообщение: Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)