Postgres does not want to start

От Jason Lee
Тема Postgres does not want to start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
When I checked my system this morning, I could not connect to any of my databases.  After some digging, I found that it
wasreturning this error:

DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2002-09-14 11:53:40 CDT
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 0/1564000 in log file 0, segment 1, offset 5783552
DEBUG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 0/1564000 in log file 0, segment 1, offset 5783552
DEBUG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
FATAL 2:  unable to locate a valid checkpoint record
DEBUG:  proc_exit(2)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(2)
DEBUG:  exit(2)
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  startup process (pid 3961) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)

Any thoughts on what might cause that and how I can fix it?  It seems that it's having problems with the checkpoint
and/ortransaction logs, but I'm not sure.  Thanks!

--
jason
Sin is real, it doesn't feel, It always, only always, steals.