Re: Postgres does not want to start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres does not want to start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jason Lee <jason@theleehouse.net> writes:
> When I checked my system this morning, I could not connect to any of my databases.  After some digging, I found that
itwas returning this error:
> DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2002-09-14 11:53:40 CDT
> DEBUG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 0/1564000 in log file 0, segment 1, offset 5783552
> DEBUG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
> DEBUG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 0/1564000 in log file 0, segment 1, offset 5783552
> DEBUG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
> FATAL 2:  unable to locate a valid checkpoint record

The page address in the xlog page seems to be 20000 hex less than it
ought to be.  This might be a dropped bit, or something worse.  Do you
have postmaster log entries from just before this startup failure began
happening?  Was there a crash, or was it an intended shutdown?  It would
be useful to run contrib/pg_controldata and see what it says.

I think you will need to run pg_resetxlog to get back to a usable state,
but it's important first to try to understand what happened, so that you
know how much damage is likely to have occurred.