Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL with Phorum

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL with Phorum
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi Brian,

This sounds interesting.  If you want to really learn to get the most
out of PostgreSQL, you're probably best to join the PostgreSQL "Hackers"
mailing list.

If you've learnt not to deliberately leave backdoors in your code so you
can walk into sites', as you used to do with Phorum's code, then you
might find some people here willing to help.

Just checked the Phorum website and noticed you've removed the original
advisories, from a few years ago.

Hmmmmm.... don't be surprised if people here watch you *very carefully*,
due to your prior history of having abused people who placed trust in
you.

Justin Clift

Brian Moon wrote:

> For those that do not know what Phorum is, it is a message board written in
> PHP that uses a database.  sure there are lots, but Phorum was the first.
> It was also the first to support PostgreSQL way back when.
>
> Anyhow, to this point, Phorum has simply worked with PostgreSQL.  I want to
> make it as good (or better) as it does with MySQL.  I am a MySQL developer.
> That is what I do for a living.  I know the arguments.  Please don't turn
> this into a MySQL/PostgreSQL thing.
>
> The thing is I don't know squat about the powerful parts of PostgreSQL.  I
> am currently working on Phorum version 5.  This version features a
> completely abstracted database layer.  Not just abstracted function calls
> like PEAR of PHPLIB.  All SQL and function calls are contained in a set of
> functions that the other Phorum files call.  This means that each database
> system can be utilized to the fullest to make it work as best it can on that
> system.
>
> Now, I can make PostgreSQL work.  But, I was hoping to get a REAL PostgreSQL
> developer to help me out on this.  Perhaps there is someone who has used or
> seen Phorum.  I know people are using it with PostgreSQL.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian Moon
> Phorum Dev Team

   - Indira Gandhi