PostgreSQL with Phorum

От Brian Moon
Тема PostgreSQL with Phorum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For those that do not know what Phorum is, it is a message board written in
PHP that uses a database.  sure there are lots, but Phorum was the first.
It was also the first to support PostgreSQL way back when.

Anyhow, to this point, Phorum has simply worked with PostgreSQL.  I want to
make it as good (or better) as it does with MySQL.  I am a MySQL developer.
That is what I do for a living.  I know the arguments.  Please don't turn
this into a MySQL/PostgreSQL thing.

The thing is I don't know squat about the powerful parts of PostgreSQL.  I
am currently working on Phorum version 5.  This version features a
completely abstracted database layer.  Not just abstracted function calls
like PEAR of PHPLIB.  All SQL and function calls are contained in a set of
functions that the other Phorum files call.  This means that each database
system can be utilized to the fullest to make it work as best it can on that
system.

Now, I can make PostgreSQL work.  But, I was hoping to get a REAL PostgreSQL
developer to help me out on this.  Perhaps there is someone who has used or
seen Phorum.  I know people are using it with PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

Brian Moon
Phorum Dev Team