BYTEA transport

От Paul Ramsey
Тема BYTEA transport
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I have been trying to figure out how BYTEA goes across the wire from the
backend to the front. It is not clear to me whether they transit in
their huge ASCII format, or in a binary format. Sending an object across
this wire in ASCII would (a) fluff it by a couple of factors and (b) lay
a string-i-fication overhead on the server and parse-i-fication overhead
on the client. I see some 'binaryCursor' booleans in the driver, but am
not sure how to use binary cursors in the context of a JDBC connection.

Any clarification on how to do binary transport using JDBC?

Thanks,
Paul

--
      __