Обсуждение: BYTEA transport

BYTEA transport

От
Paul Ramsey
Дата:
I have been trying to figure out how BYTEA goes across the wire from the
backend to the front. It is not clear to me whether they transit in
their huge ASCII format, or in a binary format. Sending an object across
this wire in ASCII would (a) fluff it by a couple of factors and (b) lay
a string-i-fication overhead on the server and parse-i-fication overhead
on the client. I see some 'binaryCursor' booleans in the driver, but am
not sure how to use binary cursors in the context of a JDBC connection.

Any clarification on how to do binary transport using JDBC?

Thanks,
Paul

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: pramsey@refractions.net
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Re: BYTEA transport

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Paul,

See the other emails on the list today that discussed this same topic.

thanks,
--Barry