[SOLVED]Re: Retrieving binary data

От David Garnier
Тема [SOLVED]Re: Retrieving binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Binary cursors works just fine with JDBC. I can retrieve my binaries without any problem, and it's very very fast. Now,
canyou assure me that it isn't converted into a String at some point? (I doubt it.)

Best Regards,
David Garnier

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:24:40 +0200
David Garnier <david.garnier@etudier-online.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:12:45 -0700
> Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, using a binary
> > cursor should solve your problem.  See the docs on the "declare [binary]
> > cursor" SQL command.
>
> First, thanks for your anwser.
> Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking, but will it work with JDBC? I guess I can execute several queries in a row
withdeclare and fetch, but will it send me the correct bytes? I'm open to any suggestion (including Fastpath or another
JDBCdriver).

> Best Regards,
> David Garnier
>
> > David Garnier wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I need to retrieve the binary representation of a custom type. I can retrieve the type just fine with the standard
method,but the results of getBytes is altered. getString shows just the right thing, but I need the binary. I looked at
thesource of the driver, and I still don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do. It seems to me that the QueryExecutor
isable to fetch a binary tuple, but I don't know how to request one.