Re: Database directory names

От Kris Deugau
Тема Re: Database directory names
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Stephan Szabo wrote:
> > Switching to numbers for tables and databases helped a few things
> > (including for tables making it easier to rollback a drop table).
> > There's a contrib item, oid2name which will print out a mapping
> > of directory number to database name.  The readme gives an example
> > of using it with du.

Ah, option number 3.  I *thought* there had to be a good reason for it,
but I couldn't imagine how it might help.  (I still can't, but I'm not
in any way an expert on DBMS programming.)

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Uh, actually, only the readme in the current CVS has the example, 7.2.X
> doesn't.  I recommend getting oid2name from the snapshot/CVS and using
> that.  It has the newer readme and some changes to make the examples
> display properly.  Also see the new doc section for 7.3 on disk usage:
>         http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/diskusage.html

Snagged, tested, and I'm happy.  Thanks for the heads-up on where to
find oid2name.

-Kris
WebHart Internet Linux Sysadmin