Re: Database directory names

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Database directory names
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephan Szabo wrote:
> > Is this a feature, a bug, or a change related to some other critical
> > functional capability of Postgres?  I haven't found anything else that
> > meets our requirements here, and I can work around this annoyance if
> > required- but I'd rather be lazy.  ;)
>
> Switching to numbers for tables and databases helped a few things
> (including for tables making it easier to rollback a drop table).
> There's a contrib item, oid2name which will print out a mapping
> of directory number to database name.  The readme gives an example
> of using it with du.

Uh, actually, only the readme in the current CVS has the example, 7.2.X
doesn't.  I recommend getting oid2name from the snapshot/CVS and using
that.  It has the newer readme and some changes to make the examples
display properly.  Also see the new doc section for 7.3 on disk usage:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/diskusage.html