Please help me

От Mihai Afteni
Тема Please help me
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have to provide a hardware-software configuration based on a PG
database,
capable to support min 500 simultaneous users each one accesing pages
that
send an average 6 queries per page. Minimum display time of any page = 5
second.

I have no precise idea about how such a configuration will be. An
estimate based on intuition: a dual (extensible to quad) processor Intel
computer with 1GB RAM and a min 30GB HDD 7200rpm. But intuition is not
an argument

Thank you in advance and all the best,

Mike

Mihai AFTENI                        E-mail: mafteni @ bizein.com
general manager, partner            mobile: Int + 40 93 23 77 10
EXPRESS INTEGRATOR SRL                    Developer and owner of
http://www.bizein.com             Smart B2B Portal where you can
                        BUY, SELL, INVENT, ADVERTIZE, BID, OFFER
                             DESIGN, PROJECT, INVEST, LEARN, etc.
Bucharest, ROMANIA                 Tel/fax: Int + 40 1 420 58 54