Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?
Дата
Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Sergio Bruder wrote:

> If you have time, take a quick look at
>
> http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/perf/acid_perf.html
>
> PostgreSQL has serious scalability problems with snort + acid. Any
> advices?

Usually porting from MySQL to PostgreSQL needs some rewrite of
queries and process logic if good performance is required.

> (Now I'm using MySQL with my SNORT/ACID setup, but I'm willing to
> change to PostgreSQL if more tests are needed)

Are these tests run using BSDDB backend (for transaction support) or
the old/fast MySQL storage ?

Hannu

Сообщение: Tips performance under solaris