Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Sergio Bruder wrote:
> >
> > If you have time, take a quick look at
> >
> > http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/perf/acid_perf.html
> >
> > PostgreSQL has serious scalability problems with snort + acid. Any
> > advices?
>
> Usually porting from MySQL to PostgreSQL needs some rewrite of
> queries and process logic if good performance is required.
>
> > (Now I'm using MySQL with my SNORT/ACID setup, but I'm willing to
> > change to PostgreSQL if more tests are needed)
>
> Are these tests run using BSDDB backend (for transaction support) or
> the old/fast MySQL storage ?
   I'm  not  familiar  with SNORT/ACID, but I assume that the DB   schema and queries are basically all identically for
all the   databases.

   Well,  how  such analyzis software can be implemented without   views and stored procedures is a mystery to me, but
at least   it must do a whole lot of PHP-aerobics.

   I'd  say  as  long  as  the database is used as a stupid data   container and not as a relational database
managementsystem,   just  don't use Postgres.  It's not designed to be stupid, so   it doesn't work well if used
stupid.

Jan