Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?

От Sergio Bruder
Тема Re: Any tips for this particular performance problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:04:43PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Sergio Bruder wrote:
> >
> > If you have time, take a quick look at
> >
> > http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/perf/acid_perf.html
> >
> > PostgreSQL has serious scalability problems with snort + acid. Any
> > advices?
>
> Usually porting from MySQL to PostgreSQL needs some rewrite of
> queries and process logic if good performance is required.

ACID is using ADODB SQL interface, thus using the same queries for
MySQL and PostgreSQL.

> > (Now I'm using MySQL with my SNORT/ACID setup, but I'm willing to
> > change to PostgreSQL if more tests are needed)
>
> Are these tests run using BSDDB backend (for transaction support) or
> the old/fast MySQL storage ?

Dunno (These tests arent executed by me), but probably using the
old transaction-less format of MySQL.

Sergio Bruder

--
Coordenação de Desenvolvimento - Projetos Especiais, Conectiva
http://www.conectiva.com.br, http://sergio.bruder.net, http://pontobr.org

sub  1024g/138DF93D 2000-05-26