RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success

От Horak Daniel
Тема RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Most of us aren't NT propellerheads, but now that a port might be
> available I'm sure the mailing lists will get more folks who
> are. Then a
> tremendous step forward such as you've take will be greeted with more
> enthusiasm :)

My primary development is Linux/i386 but NT with Cugwin is almost Unix -
command line utilities, gcc, ... And the clients want M$...

> > - many other tests failed due to not having the dynamicly
> loaded code
> > in DLLs
>
> Is DLL support so different that it will never work, or have
> you not had
> time to look at it?

It is only not so simple to create shared library in Cygwin as in Linux.
There are some makefiles that creates DLL "automagicly". It needs 5
step, 2 or 3 temporary files but it possible... There can be "DLL in
Cygwin" gurus ...

                Dan Horak