RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success]

От Horak Daniel
Тема RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I would like to list NT as being "supported with patches,
> see web site"
> > for the next release (or "partially supported..."). Is it
> premature to
> > do that?
>
> Good questions.  I think for NT, we may have to just supply a
> binary on
> the web site, as I think the tools need for the port may not be
> available for normal NT sites.  That is OK, because there is
> only on NT
> binary (for i386, at least, and NT 4.0).
The tools are from:
Cygwin B19 (http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/) - it makes Unix from
Windows :-)
EGCS 1.1 (http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/)
CygIPC library v 1.01 from Ludovic Lange
(http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/)
Some headers missing in Cygwin I took from Linux/Intel - can be
distributed as patch for standard Cygwin enviroment

I have the files (~0.9 MB) created after "make install" ready but I
don't know now what else is needed (in addition to cygwinb19.dll,
/etc/passwd and SYSV IPC stuff) - it has to be first experimentaly found
:-)

                Dan Horak