Re: Can't start Pgsql 7.1 on FreeBSD 4.2

От Rick Robino
Тема Re: Can't start Pgsql 7.1 on FreeBSD 4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kurt Seel wrote:

>  Postmaster spits out this :
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992, 03600) failed: Cannot
> allocate memory
>  When I try to start it. I compiled and installed from the ports
> collection.
>
>  I compiled these into my kernel :
> options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
> options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
> options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
>
>  Any ideas?

This is covered in more depth in the Admin documentation, chapter 3.5. An
online version can be found at:

http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html

Specifically, it says:

"FreeBSD, OpenBSD

The options SYSVSHM and SYSVSEM need to be enabled when the kernel is
compiled. (They are by default.) The maximum size of shared memory is
determined
by the option SHMMAXPGS (in pages). The following shows an example of how to
set the various parameters:

     options         SYSVSHM
     options         SHMMAXPGS=4096
     options         SHMSEG=256