Re: pgsql

От Stefan Huber
Тема Re: pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 11:21 2001-04-26 -0500, Omar Sanchez - Informatica wrote:
>I installed linux redhat 6.2 for sun sparc 5. I am using postgresql,
>wish to know how do i connect 2 different data base over 2 different
>server.

Do you want to "merge" the two databases virtually, or do you simply want
to connect to a PostgreSQL database on a different server?
$ psql -h other.server.bogus -U username database
should do the second trick. I dopn't know, whether SQL Clauses over more
than one database are already working. I remember having seen them on the
TODO list :)

>I installed visual age 3.0 I wish to know why reason i can´t connect
>whit database of postgresql

Visual Age sounds like Windows...Have you installed the PostgreSQL ODBC
Driver and created a system DSN?

Stefan
--
Murphy's Laws: "If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway."