Re: Shared memory failure?

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Shared memory failure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Justin S." wrote:

> Thanks Tom. Yeah, I heard that an older version PostgreSQL was used. So if I
> just use a different port number, and not try replacing the version that
> comes with the OS, everything should work fine? How do I start PostgreSQL on
> a different port (and which would you recommend)? Thanks.

As the PostgreSQL that comes with that system is from RPM, that
version's executables are in /usr/bin -- if you want the new version's
executables to be used, put the path to them _before_ /usr/bin in your
PATH -- are you WILL be surprised at the buggy results.

If you are not actively using the old PostgreSQL, and have the RPMset
files to reinstall, you should be safe  in issuing an 'rpm -e' for each
postgresql rpm that 'rpm -qa|grep postgresql' returns.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio