RE: Shared memory failure?

От Justin S.
Тема RE: Shared memory failure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom. Yeah, I heard that an older version PostgreSQL was used. So if I
just use a different port number, and not try replacing the version that
comes with the OS, everything should work fine? How do I start PostgreSQL on
a different port (and which would you recommend)? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Justin Stayton
CometFly Media, LLC.
jstayton@cometfly.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 2:59 PM
To: cometfly@cometfly.com
Cc: Steve Wolfe; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Shared memory failure?

"Justin S." <cometfly@cometfly.com> writes:
> Cobalt RaQ4i with version 6 of their operating system.

Oh.  I think Cobalt has a Postgres (6.5.something?) installed as part of
the OS.  You'll need to pick a different port number than 5432 to avoid
conflicting with the system's server.

BTW, I've heard that people tried to replace the built-in Postgres with
newer releases and had troubles, so I don't recommend trying that unless
you're ready to do some debugging.