OID

От Scott Goldstein
Тема OID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello.  I'm new to pgsql and I've read (perhaps not thuroughly) the
docs/FAQs/archives and I have a few questions.

1.  A large object has the data type OID.  What then, is the data type of the
instance object identifier?  Is it an int4?

2.  How would I create a table such the following select statement will return
the instance object indentifier along with the other columns:

SELECT * FROM table_name

Up to this point, I can only retrieve the object instance identifier by doing
the following:

SELECT oid,* FROM table_name

3.  Suppose, from tableA, I wanted a column that references an instance from
tableB.  I would like this reference to contain the instance object identifier
of the instance from tableB.  What data type do I use for this column?  I
suppose this is related to question 1.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

"Just a mirror for the sun...
 My smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."