Re: Need PostgreSQL startup scripts

От will trillich
Тема Re: Need PostgreSQL startup scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 01:13:21PM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> If anybody has a minute or two, can they please email me the startup
> script they use on their system to automatically start PostgreSQL when
> the system boots?
>
> I have a Linux Mandrake 7.2 startup script for PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on the
> techdocs.postgresql.org site, and I'm looking for startup scripts for
> other OS's.  Startup scripts that are SANE of course.
>
> From what I understand of Debian, it uses a different method of starting
> up than Mandrake, so I'd appreciate a copy of the Debian startup script
> especially.

when i do an

    apt-get install postgresql

on my debian potato (2.2) system, it creates the

    /etc/init.d/postgresql

script which can be called via symlink from any of the
/etc/rc*.d/S??* startup scripts to match your runlevels (where
rc3.d would be for runlevel 3).

so in theory, it should just 'come with the meat' and simply work
out-of-the-box. if not, you can try

    /etc/init.d/postgresql start

(as root) toget it going by hand, and then check

    man update-rc.d

to see how to use the debian way to install runlevel-specific
hooks to get postgresql going.

--
does a brain cell think?

will@serensoft.com