Re: Solaris 8 Problems redux

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Solaris 8 Problems redux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Generally with Solaris and PostgreSQL (and some other programs like
Oracle, SAP, etc) you'll have to change the /etc/system file to include
higher limits for IPC.  I could have sworn I've seen settings that work
for PostgreSQL in the PostgreSQL manual or archives at some stage.

If I had a Solaris box available here I'd give them to you now.

Try looking at docs.sun.com.  A quick search for shmseg gives some info
at :

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/coll.47.11/SYSADV2/@Ab2PageView/34355?DwebQuery=shmseg&oqt=shmseg&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/coll.707.1/SOLTUNEPARAMREF/@Ab2PageView/6980?DwebQuery=shmseg&oqt=shmseg&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

Make sure you backup the /etc/system file before doing this (you'll need
to reboot for this to have an effect).

Good luck.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift
Database Administrator/Programmer

You should be able to so a search on the Net for