Re: Re: Solaris 8 Problems redux

От Tod McQuillin
Тема Re: Re: Solaris 8 Problems redux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Justin Clift wrote:

> Generally with Solaris and PostgreSQL (and some other programs like
> Oracle, SAP, etc) you'll have to change the /etc/system file to include
> higher limits for IPC.  I could have sworn I've seen settings that work
> for PostgreSQL in the PostgreSQL manual or archives at some stage.

From .../postgresql-7.0.3/doc/FAQ_Solaris (from the postgresql source
distribution):

1.3) Why am I getting "IpcMemoryCreate" errors when I try
     to run the postmaster?

(See also 3.4 in the main FAQ file)

Under Solaris 2.6 and probably others, the default shared memory
maximum segment size kernel parameter is set too low. The solution
is to put something like the following line into /etc/system and
reboot the system.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x7fffffff

Excellent info regarding shared memory under Solaris can be found here:
http://www.sunworld.com/swol-09-1997/swol-09-insidesolaris.html
--
Tod McQuillin