Solaris 8 Problems redux

От J.Goodleaf
Тема Solaris 8 Problems redux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to those of you who responded in re my solaris 8 compilation errors.
I was able to compile and use initdb after a couple of hitches. (Had to
rebuild with LD_RUN_PATH set; this is what I get for overlooking the docs.)

My initdb didn't work initially because of an IPC memory create error. I was
able to get around that per the FAQ by throwing the -N option with an arg of
24. So the db works, but I wonder why I had that problem to begin with. If
anyone has a suggestion about what I could have done during Solaris install,
or can do with Solaris admin tools, to fix these errors I'd appreciate it.
This is a toy db at the moment, so it's not important that I've limited the
backend processes, but you never know when you'll be called on to do it for
real.
Thanks,
John
                               _____________________________