Re: Database starting failed !

От Mario Tanguay
Тема Re: Database starting failed !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

First, thank you, I have solved one part of my problems...  Now I have this other error message.... and I haved create
mydatabase with the "initdb -D /netergynet/postgresql/data" command

> postgres -D /netergynet/postgresql/data -B 50000 -d 5
binding ShmemCreate(key=0, size=417033216)
DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Fri Jan 19 14:18:25 2001
DEBUG:  Data Base System was shut down at Fri Jan 19 14:16:32 2001
DEBUG:  Data Base System is in production state at Fri Jan 19 14:18:25 2001
FindExec: searching PATH ...
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/sbin/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/local/bin/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/dt/bin/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/bin/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/ucb/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/etc/postgres"
FindExec: found "/netergynet/postgresql/bin/postgres" using PATH
started: host= user=postgres database=postgres
InitPostgres
FATAL 1:  Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.
FATAL 1:  Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.
proc_exit(0)
shmem_exit(0)
exit(0)

Thank's in advance !!!!

Mario

Stefan Huber wrote:

> Hi Mario!
>
> >FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
>
> seems to me, that the user, you are starting postgres as, cannot find some executable. Make sure, all Postgres
binariesare reachable via PATH. (issue echo $PATH on the commandline to see the current paths, if you're using a Un*x).

--
____________________________________
Mario Tanguay

Team leader
Netergy Networks
Tel (514) 282-8484x466 Fax (514) 282-9898
Email mario.tanguay@uforce.com
111 Duke, 5th floor
Montreal
Quebec
H3C 2M1
CANADA

"Si tu téléphones à une voyante et qu'elle ne répond pas avant que ça sonne, c'est pas bon signe. Ne la consulte pas !"

"Certaines personnes voient les choses telles qu'elles sont et demandent pourquoi et d'autres rêvent des choses qui
n'ontjamais existé et demandent pourquoi pas"

От: Stefan Huber
Сообщение: Re: Database starting failed !
От: Stefan Huber
Сообщение: Re: Database starting failed !