Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres

От Jimi Thompson
Тема Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
root wrote:

> I'll do you one better.  Here it is:
>
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, you wrote:
> >
> > I am posting this because it will probably help someone else out.  There are about a zillion different
> > flavors of the Pg.pm.  This has proven to be a real hair-puller for me and I am hoping this saves
> > someone else some time.
> >
> > To Dana: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I haven't had time until now, to really get
> > my teeth back into this thing again.  I tried to install it from the command line as you suggested,
> > but CPAN says that it isn't sure which module I want.  I searched manually and found 3 that would seem
> > to qualify.  I have tentatively ruled out the third one because I am running 7.0.2 and not 95.
> > However, this leaves me with items 1 and 2.
> >
> > As soon as I determine which one is really "it", I will add to this posting to let everyone know.  In
> > the mean time, someone might want to mention this in the FAQ somewhere, especially if they know which
> > module is "correct" or have some way to differentiate between all of them.  More reading and empirical
> > testing on the way.
> >
> > PgSQL-0.51: "Pure perl" interface to PostgreSQL  [ download / quickinstall ]
> > CPAN directory: G/GT/GTHYNI (Göran Thyni)
> > Category  >> Database Interfaces  >>  PgSQL
> >
> > perl: Perl5 extension for PostgreSQL  [ download / quickinstall ]
> >  CPAN directory:M/ME/MERGL (Edmund Mergl)
> >  Category  >> Database Interfaces  >>  Pg
> >
> >  Postgres-1.4: Perl interface to the Postgres95 SQL database engine  [ download / quickinstall ]
> > CPAN directory: V/VK/VKHERA (Vivek Khera)
> > Category  >>Database Interfaces  >>  Postgres
> >

> > Dana Hudes wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have Pg installed?
> > > that's the Perl interface to Postgres and it is apparently not part of the build from the RPM set.
> > > so go to CPAN and install in the usual manner i.e., as root :
> > > perl -MCPAN -eshell
> > > install Pg
> > > quit

Thanks for the tip!  It seems that this is a never ending battle of package/module dependencies which have
to be manually resovled.  I never realized how spoiled I was by Red Hat and the RPM.  This is what I get for
running Solaris 2.6 :).  Upon attempting to install this module, I get a request for DBI.  DBI wants me to
set environment variables. Again, I'm guessing that this is DBI-1.14.tar.gz from CPAN.  I could be wrong and
it could be a totally different DBI.

--
Jimi Thompson
Web Master
L3 communications

"It's the same thing we do every night, Pinky."

Вложения