Re: what utilities do i need for postgres on solaris 7 ??

От Mario Farias-Elinos Baez
Тема Re: what utilities do i need for postgres on solaris 7 ??
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!!!!

>      I have an Intel system with solaris 7 installed
> on it. Now I have d/l'ed postgres 6.5.1 to install it
> on my system.
I recomended you to install portgreSQL 7.0.2

> 1.) What all the utilities are needed before I start
>     compiling and installing the postgres s/w?. I mean
>     to say utilities like gmake. But I could not get
>     gmake from anywhere.

You need the gmake, gcc 2.95.2 (you could use the previos version)

You find any Free Software for Solaris (Sparc and Intel edition) on

   http://www.sunfreeware.com/

> 2.) I have read the INSTALL file but could not get how
>     to compile and INSTALL the s/w on Solaris 7.

It's necesary ejecute the "configure" file, in this file you indicate the
main parameters to create the binary files, the next step you run "gmake",
and finally you ejecute "gmake install", aditional you need to add in the
file "/etc/system" the next line

    set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x7fffffff

this is necesary to ejecute the postgreSQL daemon called "postmaster", when
you add this parameter it's necesary reboot the system, and after you
ejecute de daemon server.

If you need more help, I can help you, I have the PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a
Solaris 8.

Regards
   Mario

Вложения

От: Dronamraju Rajesh
Сообщение: libpq errors when makeing postgres 7.0.2...
От: Mang Chan
Сообщение: Compiling on DigitalUnix