Re: FW: Hi , Semaphore problem --Pl. F1

От Tim Quinlan
Тема Re: FW: Hi , Semaphore problem --Pl. F1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can do this in your kernel configuration.  Look for the file called sem.h
in your kernel source code. (PATH_TO_LINUX_SOURCE/include/linux/sem.h).  Then
you can change the values for SEMMNS (max semaphores), SEMMNI (max semaphore
sets),
SEMMSL (max number of semaphores per set).  Then recompile your kernel.  Please
remember to back up the original file first though :)

If your not comfortable hacking the kernel source, read up on it first.  Oracle
recommends increasing the number of semaphores, so you could do some research
by looking some websites dedicated to using Oracle 8i on Linux for detailed
instructions.

(Yes, I see the irony of referring to Oracle docs, so please don't flame me
unless I'm really off-base here.)

If you need more detail, you may also do well with some maillists dedicated to
kernel modification.  The only reason I know this stuff is because I had to
install Oracle once.