Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]
Дата
Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]  (Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> writes:
> No kidding! Every single time I send something to this list, I get all
> the bounces coming back to me. I admin five lists, and bounces never go
> back to the person posting, only the admin for handling. But not this
> list.

Oh?  AFAICT the PG lists mail out with envelope sender and Sender:
header both pointing to list-bot addresses.  What else would you have
it do?

As a frequent poster to the PG lists, I'm sure I see as many problems
as anyone.  But they're rare.  Once in awhile some subscriber's mail
software starts bouncing complaints back to the message author instead
of the list-sender address.  I complain to Marc, he unsubscribes the
offenders, and that's that.  I can't recall that there was ever more
than one such bogosity active at the same time.

> ... since I can't find an actual person to send complaints to
> about the list.

Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> is the man to talk to about list
problems.  IMHO he runs these lists pretty well (and yes, I have
some experience as a list admin, too).