Re: Partitionin with check functions

От fatih ozturk
Тема Re: Partitionin with check functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you

"Yes, it does.  It might be worthwile to use

  WHERE sel=123 AND mod(sel,6)=3

I think you could use a rule to add the mod() condition automatically.
"
this is great idea

But the problem is i did not accomplish to find a way to change query like

     partitioning=# select * from mainlog where sel=22;

     partitioning=# select * from mainlog where sel=22 and mod(sel,6)=4;

"on select" rules just creates views, dont routes the queries.
I cant use tirggers for selects.
Is there exists a way of changing select query before query plan generated?

Any ideas?

I am very appreciative for your answers and interest.

Thanks