Re: Database replication ?

От Haroldo Stenger
Тема Re: Database replication ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Loïc TREGOUËT wrote:

>     Hello ,
>
>     I was talking about PostgreSQL with one of my friend who use SQL Server
> .
> He ask me what about replication database in Postgresql .
>
> Is there a way to do this :
> - when a row is inserted (or deleted ...) in database1 - > automatically
> the same operation is replicated on a other databse
>
> Or a dump is necessary ?
>
> SQL server do this internally .   Thanks for your responses and don't worry
> , I stay a PostgreSQL admirator .
>
> loic@cri74.org

In the TODO file, under

EXOTIC FEATURES

* Add replication of distributed databases

Besides this, I wonder if db replication could be done by reaplying backend
logs.

Regards,
Haroldo.

--
 Haroldo Stenger      | hstenger@ieee.org

От: Loïc TREGOUËT
Сообщение: Database replication ?
От: brianb-pgadmin@edsamail.com
Сообщение: Backend died while dropping index