view performance

От Loïc TREGOUËT
Тема view performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello ,

    I use a database to store log files . I have 2 Million rows by year
.
I want the maximum of performance when i access them from my web site so
i've started to make one table by year :
log2000 : contain all the log information of the year 2000
log 1999 : ..

I think now it's a bad idea because when i want to select on two table i
have :
column x is ambiguous !

But if i use only one table , it will be a huge table i will lose
performance . Isn't it ?

If i use view , i will not increase the performance because it's just a
view and not a table properly . Isn't it ?

            Please help me   , thanks

loic@ext.cri74.org