COPY fails to read source file

От Bill Barnes
Тема COPY fails to read source file
Дата
Re: COPY fails to read source file  (Lincoln Yeoh <lylyeoh@mecomb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello all:

Using 6.5.3, SuSE 6.4, logged in as 'billb'.

Here are 2 instances of the COPY command;

copy custprofile from '/home/billb/custpr.txt' using delimiters ';';
The result is:
  ERROR: COPY command, running in backend with with effective uid 26, could
  not open '/home/billb/custpr.txt' for reading.  Errno = Permission denied
  (13).
The file looks like
 -rw-r--r--  1 billb   users  58902 May 16  11:45 /home/billb/custpr.txt

copy custprofile from '/mnt/DOS_C/sybase/custpr.txt' using delimiters ';';
The result is:
  COPY
The file looks like
 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root    root   58902 May 16  11.56 /mnt/DOS_C/sybase/custpr.txt

The second instance gave me the results I wanted, but why did the first
instance fail?  If anything, I would have expected permission denied on the
root owner.  I have had the same results on other ocassions.

What am I missing?

TIA
Bill Barnes

This e-mail has been sent to  you  courtesy of OperaMail,  a
free  web-based  service  from  Opera  Software,  makers  of
the award-winning Web Browser - http://www.operasoftware.com