Re: COPY fails to read source file

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: COPY fails to read source file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I believe when you use the sql style COPY, the database engine is the one
going out to fetch your file, using the backend UID and associated
permissions.

Whereas if you use the psql \copy, it's using the UID and perms of what you
are running psql as.

If the database engine cannot reach the file through the filesystem tree,
it can't copy it.

Cheerio,
Link.

At 01:57 PM 16-05-2000 -0400, Bill Barnes wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>Using 6.5.3, SuSE 6.4, logged in as 'billb'.
>
>Here are 2 instances of the COPY command;

>copy custprofile from '/home/billb/custpr.txt' using delimiters ';';
>The result is:
>  ERROR: COPY command, running in backend with with effective uid 26, could
>  not open '/home/billb/custpr.txt' for reading.  Errno = Permission denied
>  (13).
>The file looks like
> -rw-r--r--  1 billb   users  58902 May 16  11:45 /home/billb/custpr.txt

>copy custprofile from '/mnt/DOS_C/sybase/custpr.txt' using delimiters ';';
>The result is:
>  COPY
>The file looks like
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root    root   58902 May 16  11.56
/mnt/DOS_C/sybase/custpr.txt