max tuple size and filesystem block size

От Robert B. Easter
Тема max tuple size and filesystem block size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This has been answered many times I guess:

My linux filesystem is using a 4k block size.  Does this mean that I can only
store up to 4k in a tuple?  Where exactly does that 8k limit come from?  If
Postgres is limited to 8k per tuple on my system right now, then it would use 2
blocks.

It has been said that Postgres can use up to 32k per tuple.  Is the max kb per
tuple equal to the block size of the filesystem?  That is, if I want 32k max
tuple size, I have to put Postgres on a filesystem that is using 32k blocks
(or 16k??) ?

I'm confused! :)

--
Robert B. Easter