Re: What do you think?

От Jurgen Defurne
Тема Re: What do you think?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Terry Jarrard wrote:

> At 08:49 AM 5/4/2000 +0200, Jurgen Defurne wrote:
> >I think they can stand next to each other, and the price can't be beat.
>
> Thanks for the reply!  Your response was welcome.
>
> Can anyone else give me their opinion of PostgreSQL?
> I need both pluses and minuses that you've had with it.
>
> Like I said before, this looks like a great product, but I have to convince
> others of my opinion.
>
> again, if you don't want to post your replies to the list, please email me at
> jarrard@webzone.net or AE-Kamylon@aephirsden.com
>
> again. thanks!
>
> terry

Alright, have you followed our little discussion on the mailing list ?

In the documentation, you absolutely can't find any reference to this
numeric datatype, but as these people pointed out to me, it DOES
exist.. This probably means that one should search through the code
or of course ask on the mailing list. If you work on a job with a
good internet connection, that is fine. But if you work on a job where
people (for security reasons) do not want to give easy access to the
Internet, you need damn good manuals. Searching through source
code of an application is not part of a production programmers job.