Re: [ADMIN] Error accessing catalog table pg_proc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Error accessing catalog table pg_proc
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Cory Nemelka <cnemelka@gmail.com> writes:
> We are receiving the following error when trying to access pg_proc table:
> [local] cnemelka=# \d pg_proc;
> ERROR:  XX000: cache lookup failed for attribute 1 of relation 1255
> LOCATION:  get_relid_attribute_name, lsyscache.c:807

> This error is preventing backups with pg_dump.  It doesn't seem to be
> affecting the database overall.  We ran VACUUM FULL and REINDEX on the
> catalog tables but the error persists.

Hmm, did you reindex pg_attribute in particular?  Because that's where the
apparently missing data is.

I'm afraid VACUUM FULL would've destroyed any evidence of what went wrong,
but conceivably you could reinsert the missing row(s) by copying from
another database in the cluster.  pg_attribute rows for system catalogs
should be the same across all databases.