Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Can you give me a failure condition for the TODO list?  I can't see the
> > bug here.
>
> Well, now that I got off my duff and tried your little test with my
> current sources, I get your result. Hannu??

My tests were with 6.5.3 which has even more yuckies in it :

[hannu@hu hannu]$ psql -c "select -- what ?
> count(*) from t1;"
ERROR:  attribute 'what' not found
[hannu@hu hannu]$ psql -c "select -- what
> count(*) from t1;"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "count"
[hannu@hu hannu]$ psql -c "select count(*) -- what
> from t1;"
count
-----   3
(1 row)

But they all work from psql

hannu=> select -- what ?
hannu-> count(*) from t1;
count
-----   3
(1 row)

hannu=> select count(*) -- what ?
hannu-> from t1;
count
-----   3
(1 row)

Could you try them on current.

Hannu

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level?