Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus wrote:

> So they'll sell 5.6 but maybe 6 will be free?  Strange.  Rumor on Slashdot
> is that they've lost their key developers (a month or so ago).
    If THAT's the case, man, then they try to get back experienced    programmers for development and support for free
viathe internet. Then    it would take some time until they're able to offer professional    support.

> And (in response to Jan), yeah, I know outer joins are scheduled
> to be completed in 7.1.  Personally, the interbase news leaves me
> yawning.  Postgres, since 6.5, is meeting my needs just fine.
    Was Marc IIRC. Anyway, most of our proposed features appear in time or    with a 25-50% overrun. What's absolutely
strongfor free+open software.    And moreover, almost every serious bug, that is fixable without    destroying anything
else,get's fixed in a couple of days or weeks. The    reason for the latter is, that we have a fistfull of programmes
who   work for years now on the code. Some of us since the release from    Berkeley. That are key developers, who know
intuitivelyinto what    region of the code to dive if some strange misbehaviour is reported.

    So if Inprise really lost them, they have a severe problem.

Jan

От: Olivier PRENANT
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Date calc bug
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: date/time type changes