Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От Stephen Birch
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source  (Norman Widders <winspace@paladincorp.com.au>)
Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source  (Joe Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wish this announcement had been made a few months ago!! We have several
developers porting our server software to PostgreSQL.  Although we like
PostgreSQL, we have run into a number of memory leaks and bugs - something
we never encountered with Interbase.

Now Interbase is going open source, we will discontinue the PostgreSQL
development effort.  Interbase is such a well written DBMS, it doesn't make
sense to continue.

You guys have done a great job - but, frankly, IB is better.

Steve