Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Stephen Birch wrote:

> I wish this announcement had been made a few months ago!! We have
> several developers porting our server software to PostgreSQL.
> Although we like PostgreSQL, we have run into a number of memory leaks
> and bugs - something we never encountered with Interbase.

What version of PostgreSQL?  Did the problem reports you sent in not
improve the situation?

> Now Interbase is going open source, we will discontinue the PostgreSQL
> development effort.  Interbase is such a well written DBMS, it doesn't
> make sense to continue.

Two points...when will Interbase go open source?  Right now they've
announced the intention to do so, and even given a very brood time
frame...but, when is it going to happen.  two...what says Interbase will
continue to be "as good" when becomes open source and they are no longer
making any money on it?

> You guys have done a great job - but, frankly, IB is better.

In what ways?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Source code format vote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Source code format vote