Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>      Was Marc IIRC. Anyway, most of our proposed features appear in time or
>      with a 25-50% overrun. What's absolutely strong for free+open software.
>      And moreover, almost every serious bug, that is fixable without
>      destroying anything else, get's fixed in a couple of days or weeks. The
>      reason for the latter is, that we have a fistfull of programmes who
>      work for years now on the code. Some of us since the release from
>      Berkeley. That are key developers, who know intuitively into what
>      region of the code to dive if some strange misbehaviour is reported.
>
>      So if Inprise really lost them, they have a severe problem.

Another _big_ issue is how clean the code is.  MySQL, for example,
probably loses tons of people because their code is so poorly designed,
and just plain ugly to me.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source