Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgreSQL.org>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I've seen that declaring don't-remember-what variable, the dates were
> returned in the west-european format (dd/mm/aa).
> Won't be a similar variable to the number format?

No, unfortunately they are not related. The date/time routines can't
simply use localization, because:

1) the allowed time range for several date/time types exceeds the
Unix-supported range.

2) localization for input supports only one style at a time in
general.

We've got explicit code to allow several (4) different date/time
styles, which is what gives you the western European format.

By contrast, we use the system-supplied numeric i/o routines, so don't
have full control over formatting options. That may be a good thing,
since I would assume the system does a more efficient job than we
would.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers