Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
[Oops, apparently my mail did get through. Sorry for resending the question
to the list.]

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 03:44:01PM +0100, Oscar Serrano wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure. That's what I wanted to know. Reading the not very clear
> documentation at this point, I understand that a spanish localiced
> postmaster returns the the float numbers with ',' instead of  '.'

So that would mean the output honors locale setting. But the input does not
at least not always. After all you cannot type a constant 14,7 in C either.

But how about a string?

> > In fact I remove LC_NUMERIC for ECPG to make sure numbers have the '.' as
> > decimal seperator.
>
> Reading the documentation of the installation process, I didn't see the
> LC_NUMERIC variable anywhere. I only saw references to the LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE,
> and LANG.

I don't care about the settings other than the numerical one. So I only
disabled LC_NUMERIC. But if the postmaster honors locale this solution is
not really working.

> The standard, I think, is "14.7" and not "14,7" if you don't use-locale.

Sure. But what if I do use-locale?

> Can anybody tell us what variables and how must they be defined before
> compile with --use-locale to make the postmaster return values in the
> spanish format?

Hopefully the answer is that postmaster never does or else I have no idea
how to program libecpg. I would need a way to ask postmaster which locale he
runs in.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!