Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres 6.5.1 Error

От Robert Hiltibidal
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres 6.5.1 Error
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Howdy,

>"Cascade failure" doesn't convey anything to me ... can you be more
>specific?  What error messages do you find in the postmaster log, if
>any?

I define a cascade failure as one application tying up so much processr
time and/or memory nothing else can work. Ultimately the server locks up if
I am unable to kill the process in time.

There are o errors listed in the postgres log.

The query is dynamically generated. It works for 62 of the 63 agencies we
track. here is the pascal source code for generating the query:

BuffCode := 'Select distinct
propertyname,address,city,state,zip,recnum,agencyname from tblInfra where
agencycode = ';
SqlQuery := StrAlloc(Strlen(BuffCode) + StrLen(AgencyCode) + StrLen(Sort)+1);
StrPCopy(SqlQuery,BuffCode);   StrCat(SqlQuery,'''');   StrCat(SqlQuery,AgencyCode);   StrCat(SqlQuery,'''');
StrCat(SqlQuery,'order by ');   StrCat(SqlQuery,Sort);   StrCat(SqlQuery,',recnum ');   Results :=
DataEase(DBName,SqlQuery);

So the query ends up being:

(Using DOT as anample)

SQLquery = Select distinct
propertyname,address,city,state,zip,recnum,agencyname from
tblInfra where agencycode = 'DOT' order by propertyname,recnum

This works for all the other state agencies to date.

-Rob